Council Permits – Skip Bins Sydney

Placing A Skip Bin On Council Property

In most cases throughout the Sydney metropolitan area, if you are placing your skip bin on council property such as the road, footpath or nature strip, you will be required to obtain permission from your local council by applying for a permit, or by using a skip bin company who is registered and pre-approved by your local council to place skip bins on council property. Failure to obtain the correct skip bin permit may result in a fine payable by the property owner/hirer of the skip bin.

At Aussie Skips, we are registered with the following councils to provide skip bin services:
(*permits are not required unless otherwise specified)

  • Waverley Council
  • Woollahra Council
  • Canterbury Council
  • Leichhardt Council
  • Marrickville Council
  • Burwood Council
  • Mosman Council*- Hirer to apply for permit and pay a fee
If you are placing a skip bin on council property in the following councils, please choose the council link to download the relevant application form:

Please Note: The links below are only offered as a guide by Aussie Skips. We strongly advise you check with your local council to ensure you have the latest and correct skip bin permit form that applies to your situation as we are not responsible for any changes made to each councils regulations, links or websites.

Placing A Skip Bin On Private Property

Skip bins placed on private property do not require  Council permits.

For more information on local council skip bin requirements, or to get a quote, please complete the form on the right of this page or call our friendly staff on 02 9742 3322.

Waste Transfer Station

Open To The Trade & Public

7:00am - 4.30pm
Saturday 7:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday Closed

Contact Us

Phone 02 9742 3322
Address Unit 5
  84 - 108 Madeline St
  Strathfield South NSW 2136